VAT. Excise duties
The subject of indirect taxes is one of the key specialisms at MVP TAX. VAT and excise duties are some of the most complex taxes. They require not only a thorough technical knowledge of Polish regulations, but also an in-depth knowledge of EU directives and the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union. At MVP TAX, we have all these competences.
Our services concerning indirect taxes include:
- Day-to-day advice on VAT matters
- Obtaining statistical classifications and BTI (Binding Tariff Information) for goods and statistical classifications for services
- Optimization reviews concerning VAT rates
- Preparing applications for individual interpretations to secure the VAT consequences of actions taken by VAT payers
- Assistance in obtaining VAT refunds
- Representation during tax audits, fiscal control proceedings and proceedings before the administrative courts in VAT matters
- Carrying out tax reviews of current or historical VAT settlements
Tax on civil law transactions, Local taxes
Local taxes and fees may constitute an important burden on business entities, in particular in the real estate, mining, and telecommunications sectors. Optimising these taxes can lead to significant tax savings.
That is why we provide support in the optimization of tax settlements in local taxes and fees. We help in matters concerning overpayments of tax, in particular regarding the tax on civil law transactions, based on non-compliance of Polish regulations with EU law.
Our services concerning local taxes include:
- Minimizing the tax on civil law transactions on a company’s recapitalisation
- Support in settling local taxes
- Assistance in recovering unduly paid civil law transactions tax, property tax and other local taxes
- Optimization of settlements involving real estate tax and the tax on civil law transactions